This week has been busy with appointments and procedures.
On Wednesday, I had to go in for the mock transfer. I don’t know why I keep having to do this since at this point they should know exactly what my uterus looks like. Anywho, while I was there the RE asked me about getting a biopsy/scratch. She (sadly knows me well now) said she thought last time we did the mock, we also did the scratch. As a matter of fact, I actually mentioned to M that I didn’t think I had a biopsy scheduled. So we held off on the mock and checked with my nurse/RE and sure enough they said do it. I really should have been prepared and taken some Aleve before I went. It wasn’t awful though, and the best news from that appt was my AFC was 13. Woot woot. Still waiting on my AMC results.
Today was HSG day. The last time I had this done was three years ago. I knew what to expect. Or at least I thought I did based off of what happened three years ago. It was easy breezy. Dye was injected in and we watched it seamlessly flow through my uterus and out my tubes. Today was very different. Holy hell. I had cramps, fine. But then the tech/nurse (whoever does the procedure) couldn’t see if the dye was spilling out of my right ovary. That is when she asked for the balloon. Now, I don’t know what was exactly going on down there, but what I can tell you is it HURT. I got dizzy and was in serious pain. It seemed to last for a few minutes while the other tech was taking pictures. It was finally over and balloon was removed. I think they were scared I was going to pass out. It felt like I just woke up from the retrieval. I was light headed and crampy. The good news is that the balloon forced all the dye out, so I got the all clear.
Today is CD9, so I expect to ovulate in the middle of next week. Once I get my surge I will call my nurse to get the ok to begin the estrogen patches on the 10th day. If everything goes according to plan (ugh, am I tempting fate now?) , the retrieval should be around 9/7. Eek.
I haven’t posted in a while because there hasn’t been much to post about.
Over Labor Day weekend, M and I spend some quality time with my family which was nice. Once we returned, we knew we would have to put on our IVF hats/blinders/tough skin or whatever it is we do to deal with the emotional and physical aspects of another cycle.
I’ve been taking Lupron since last Tuesday. The first few days it really messed up my stomach, but since then I haven’t had any side effects besides some night sweats, but it’s still hot as hell so maybe not even a side effect. I also stopped the pill last Thursday which means fake AF showed over the weekend.
Today was my suppression check and final endo biopsy. The ultrasound showed roughly 7 follicles on the right side and 8 on the left, and a very thin lining. Next was the biopsy. I love my Dr, I really do. But today I was so close to kicking him in the face and cursing. So time to compare notes- those who have had a biopsy done, have you noticed TMI old blood specs mixed in with your CM for like the next week and a half?? This happened to me last time, I am assuming it’s just healing?
Since everything looked good and my bloodwork was perfect I got the green light to start stims today! Woohoo!!
Two things to note with the cycle.
1. I am doing a Lupron Stop protocol. When I asked Dr. L about the main difference and why he wants to try this he told me we weren’t successful with the Antagonist protocol. He is hoping that by tweaking the protocol, my egg maturity and quality will be better and my lining will be better. Sounds good to me!
2. I am started off on a higher dose of Bravelle. 112 iui. Each vial is 75iui, so there is a little more measuring and mixing this time around. My nurse had to explain it twice to me. Maybe I will take a video for all those non IVF followers 🙂
I go back on Saturday morning for my first monitoring appointment. I really hope that I don’t end up stimming for 12 days again. Although I guess it doesn’t really matter how many days you stim for because by the time you are ready to trigger you feel like shit.