I can’t believe this is our 12th cycle trying!! I have about 5 days before this cycle ends and we officially declared infertile. I am 9DPO right now with no sense that this month will be any different than the last 11. That being said I am not sure if/when I will test.
Earlier this week I spoke to my nurse since she’s been on vacation. She called in Folgard and gave me the contact info for the Dr. conducting the endometrial biopsy study. I won’t bore you with CVS experience, but by Monday night I had all my prescriptions filled and the study consent forms ready to be signed.
Then life threw me a curve ball on Tuesday. One of my clients invited my boss and I down to Costa Rica to participate in a week long summit/training event. Guess what week it is?? If my math is right and based off the last cycle, it is the same week as my estimated ER date. I know the time commitment that is involved once I start the cycle. I can’t go away for three days, never mind 10 days, while stimming.
I am really torn on what to do. Postpone IVF? Consider OOP FET (if that’s even an option!) Tell my boss I can’t go?
Costa Rica would be a great opportunity, not to mention my boss said I should have M come meet me towards the end and extend our stay for a vacation! Um, yes please!
But, I’m also ready to move on and try again (even though I still dread the process). And I am pretty excited about this study and really hope I get the real deal. Even if I don’t, I believe in the study and hope that my clinic will incorporate it as part of their standard protocol.
I am not sure what our options are at this point. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a way to do both. Not unless I can convince Dr. L and team to come with us, or convince work to push everything back a week so I can get knocked up.
Since I don’t think that plan would work, we will meet with Dr. L to discuss next steps and protocol next week so after that I need to make a decision. Here’s where I am getting stuck-
I’d rather be at work than dealing with shots/meds/appts.
I’d rather be pregnant/ have a baby than dealing with work.
The problem is shots/meds/appts don’t always equal a baby.