Tomorrow, we meet with Dr. L again to discuss our options for TTC #2. You guys, I am nervous! I don’t know why. Last night I had a dream that our entire family came with us for the consultation!!
So let me back up a little. I called me OB and had to get a referral. They said I would need to come in for a consultation first. I asked if that was standard procedure? Because anyone can look at my chart and see I was released by our RE once I was like 7 or 8 weeks pregnant. The nurse said she would have to call me back. Luckily, an OB in the practice agreed and just sent the referral without wasting all of our time for a stupid meeting that would result in a referral.
So, tomorrow is the big day. I have so many questions!
First, I am assuming our situation is the same. I still have a regular cycle and have been tracking ovulation, so I don’t think anything has changed there. I am hoping pregnancy didn’t damage my uterus or tubes, I don’t think it did but I guess you never know. I feel like my egg quality is the same or worse. It’s been 2 years since our last IVF cycle. That means I am the dreaded 35, advanced maternal age.
If the sperm situation has dramatically improved and everything with me is the same/fine, then maybe we entertain the idea of an IUI.
If the situation (including the sperm situation) is the same as last time I think we go straight to IVF. The question though is do we do a fresh cycle or use one or two of the frosties we have? I guess we would have to wait for all of my test to come back to see if they can guess what my egg situation is like, but in the past it was decent.
I am sorta dreading doing a fresh cycle. They suck. I don’t want to deal with the injections and weight gain. Do you do injections for a FET? There is so much I don’t know about that process.
I also am not sure if would put one or two back. I guess it really depends on the quality and Dr. L’s recommendation. I think once you turn 35, they are ok with putting 2 back, but given our past would we be okay with that? And the other question I have is, if the 2 frozen embryos we have are from a failed first cycle, what are our odds. That’s assuming they both survive the thaw. What if we do the FET and it fails, then we will have wasted more time, making me closer to 36 and starting a fresh cycle. Ugh. I really should do research before our meeting tomorrow.
Help me out here- tell me about your experience. Have you done a fresh cycle when you had frozen embryos? If so, why? What’s the major difference between a FET and fresh cycle?